1ST JAMAICAN EVENT FEELIN’ IRIE
If there’s one thing the home of “one love” can do well it is bring people together in the spirit of harmony!
Those who had the opportunity to participate in this year’s Caribbean Wellness & Education (WE) event, are taking away new relationships, professional and personal inspiration, and knowledge on how to integrate their brands and expertise into this ever flourishing region.
The week began with WE’s attendance at the first World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) conference in the region. The conference was designed to deliver high-level content on jobs and inclusive tourism growth, bringing together diplomats and tourism stake-holders from around the world. Making it a historic meeting for the region and connecting with the core principles of WE’s mission.
A few highlights from the WE Jamaica event series:
· WE Jamaica hosted their event at the newly opened Jewel Grande Resort & Spa, Montego Bay. This is the home of the sensational Grande Spa that features a 30,000+ square foot indigenously Jamaican spa. Spa professionals enjoyed personalized meetings allowing for business to happen in an expedited format. Attendees enjoyed authentic Jamaican experiences including a visit to Fisherman’s Inn on the Luminescence Lagoon and attendance to the Chronixx Reggae concert. Creating memories to forge relationships that will last a lifetime.
· Local massage therapists attended a course on how to provide safe and effective spa services for clients living with cancer. They were taught by 27-year wellness professional veteran, Christine Ann Clinton, Harvard Medical School wholistic cancer care specialist. At the training they invited Montego Bay residents living with cancer to be a part of this important training, attesting that compassion and quality-of-life are an essential part of the treatment process for patients.
· Finally, the Jewel’s ‘Grande’ pool transformed into an awesome runway show with top international models from Jamaica and LA wearing resortwear by SITA Couture, Anatomie, and Ala Turca TEXTILES. This show was produced by BESTalent Group and the models faces and nails were done by the eco cosmetic brands: GloBody, HydraFacial, Dazzle Dry and Jane Iredale. The show proved that comfort and ease are an integrated element of health and wellness, and that toxin free cosmetics really do work!
“Caribbean Wellness & Education (WE) has been an invaluable resource for understanding the potential in delivering the 3.7 trillion dollar growing wellness economy to the region”, said Matt Cooper CMO of Caribbean Hotel & Tourism’s (CHTA), “while focusing on growing tourism collaboratively as a region this year, we are anticipatory of drawing in the high-yield wellness traveler, to enjoy what the World’s Spa has to offer.”
Now in its second year, Caribbean WE will continue to provide the region with educational programs, wellness development and networking opportunities on their home turf.
- WE Caribbean will create The Wellness Zone at Caribbean Market Place in San Juan, Puerto Rico in conjunction with Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association. WE Wellness Zone is a pop-up ‘spa experience’ in the centre of the CHTA Marketplace. Over 30 islands and 200 hotels participate, making Marketplace the largest annual hospitality event in the Caribbean.
- The Turks & Caicos Hotel and Tourism Association, presents the 1st annual “TCI Wellness Week” in partnership with Caribbean Wellness & Education (WE).
About Carribean Wellness & Education (WE): Founded by spa and wellness insider Stephanie Rest, WE develops wellness and education initiatives that are socially conscience and specific to the environment. WE design our consulting services, events and trainings tailored to the brand and destination. WE have a lifetime of experience in the travel and wellness industry. Caribbean Wellness & Education (WE) creates paths for enterprises and insist on substance, sustainability, style and sun. More on http://www.caribbeanwe.com/.